You’ve lost a tooth, or perhaps several teeth you have serious dental problems. Chewing is difficult and you are embarrassed to smile. The social implications of having missing teeth are very negative. There is smiling, laughing, eating and kissing. There is no question that the quality of your life has changed. Dental implants are the solution to returning your smile, your chewing ability and your quality of life. Pasadena, Texas Dentist Dr. Nugent can place your dental implant and then design the replacement teeth all in his office. All of your dental implant care can be completed in one office with one doctor.
Advanced Technology helps Dr. Nugent confidently place dental implants. The advantages of this technology include:
- A Galileos 3-D Conebeam CT Scan offers the highest level of surgical predictability, resulting in increased success in surgical outcomes for patients.
- Lower patient cost than a medical CT
- More than ten times LESS radiation compared to a medical CT scan.
- A quick and easy scan yields the most anatomically accurate 3-D images of the mouth, face, and jaw bone.
- No claustrophobia! The conebeam scan is an open environment.
- Scan is comfortable and easy for the patient.
- The data provided reduces surgery time.
- The in-office conebeam CT scan helps patients avoid hospital visits and multiple appointments.
- Within minutes of the 3D conebeam scan, Dr. Nugent is able to offer patients an immediate virtual digital diagnosis and treatment plan – all in one visit.
- Dr. Nugent uses this data to virtually complete your entire implant procedure before your surgery date.
- Allows Dr. Nugent to make a dental implant surgical guide for faster and safer surgery.
Reasons to Consider Dental Implants
- Dental implants are the most advanced way to replace missing teeth.
- Will never get decay and will never need a root canal.
- Only treatment that simulates and preserves jaw bone.
- Without the root structure of a natural tooth the jawbone will shrink causing wrinkles and give you a premature elderly appearance.
- There are no loose parts. An implant is stable and comfortable.
- Dental implants do not damage adjacent teeth like the old fashioned bridges.
- They don’t come out at night like dentures.
- Dental implants are designed to last forever.
- Dental Implants look, function and feel just like natural teeth.
- Dental implants help you eat, laugh, chew, smile, talk and look completely natural. This provides social, psychological and physical well-being.
What is a Dental Implant?
Simply put, a dental implant is a titanium cylinder that is placed into the jaw bone that replaces the root structure of a missing tooth. The jawbone fuses to the implant locking it into place. Then Dr. Nugent can restore the dental implant to look like a single tooth. Also, Dr. Nugent can use the dental implants to anchor dentures.
The Dental Implant Procedure
- At the first appointment, Dr. Nugent will his advanced Conebeam CT X-ray machine to make a 3-D reconstruction of your jaw. This allows Dr. Nugent to decide if the jaw bone is suitable to have the titanium implants placed. If everything is suitable for implant dentistry Dr. Nugent will prescribe some prescriptions for you to take for your surgery.
- The day of you dental implant surgery you will have the surgery done under local anesthesia. You have the option of having nitrous oxide or oral sedation depending on what level you want to be sedated. The implant is placed.
- In a week you will come in for a brief ten minute post-op evaluation.
- In approximately four months you will return to start the impression processes.
- Two weeks later Dr. Nugent will place your new dental implant tooth.
Do Dental Implants Hurt?
Am I too Old for Implant Dentistry?
No! Age is not a limiting factor. Sometimes seniors state concern that their age will prevent them from receiving the benefits of dental implants. However, overall health and available bone levels are the determining factors if you are a candidate for implant dentistry. Generally, if you are healthy enough to have a tooth extracted, you are probably healthy enough to get dental implants.
How Will Implant Dentistry Affect My Life?
Dental implant teeth look, feel and function like natural teeth. This means that you can eat and drink whatever you choose. People who have felt self-conscious and worried because of their tooth problems are astounded by what new permanent teeth can do for their self-esteem. Dental implants are the most advanced way to replace teeth. Dental implants are the only tooth replacement option that preserves and stimulates bone levels. Next, dental implants will never get decay or need a root canal.
Call us today to let Dr. Nugent show you how modern dental implants can change your life. Our office is located at 3421 Burke Rd #1, Pasadena, Texas 77504.
Give us a call at 713-941-1812.