Dr. Nugent delivers only the best services for you and your family. With state-of-the-art equipment and constant updates to the newest technology, you will always receive the best care possible. Therefore, Dr. Nugent uses a Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT) 3-D x -ray technology to get the most advanced diagnostic images possible. Digital imaging has become one of the most important tools for dentist, and the greatest advance in the past decade has come with CBCT. The CBCT machine and computer creates a virtually distortion-free 3-D image of the patient’s complete skull and dental anatomy.
CBCT Advanced Dental Implant Technology
The 3-D images and allows Dr. Nugent to view the bone architecture and density. Dr. Nugent is one of the first general dental dentists in the Pasadena, Texas area to incorporate a CBCT scanner in his daily practice.
- A CBCT scanner increases the process of diagnosis and treatment planning. Dr. Nugent is able to view these advanced images and to recommend the most appropriate high level of dental care.
- Why is a CBCT 3-D is important for patients?
- Offers clean images and differentiates tissue
- Unprecedented view of structures in all dimensions
- Provides a true one to one image, no distortion of anatomical structures
- Plain old fashioned 2-D x-rays can elongate and shrink images leading to inaccurate measurements
- Provides clear view of soft tissue, muscle, bone & blood vessels
- Allows Dr. Nugent to perfect the customization of dental implants
- Dr. Nugent can perform a virtual implant surgery to ensure the precise measurements before the actual surgery
- Reduced exposure to radiation, 5 times lower than medical CT Scan
- Effectively plan treatments and surgical procedures
- Get advanced dental care
Dr. Nugent is proud to be your dentist serving Pasadena and Deer Park Texas. We offer the best cutting-edge technology. You will receive excellent care and attention from everyone in our office. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions about the CBCT scan technology or any of our cosmetic or dental implant services. Our staff is dedicated to helping you. We hope to see you soon!
With this advanced technology Dr. Nugent can 3D print a dental implant surgical guide that is made of the computer 3D model. The surgical guide allows Dr. Nugent to place the implant exactly where it was planned on the computer. Furthermore, the surgery is safer, faster, easier, and less painful with the surgical guide.
Visit our implant dental practice at 3421 Burke Rd #1, Pasadena, Texas 77504. Or call us at 713-941-1812.