Pasadena, Texas Dental Implants
Permanent Teeth Replacement Solutions.
There are different options to replace missing teeth. In the past a dental bridge was the best dentistry had to offer. However, dental implants are now the “gold standard” for teeth replacement. Dental implants were designed to completely mimic natural teeth.
When a tooth is lost, the immediate answer is to replace it, especially if it is a front tooth. Unfortunately, when patients lose a tooth that is not visible they often do not think to replace the missing tooth. This will lead to disastrous results in over time.
Not replacing a missing tooth can lead to:
- Shifting of the teeth. The neighboring teeth will collapse into the missing space.
- Opposing teeth with super erupt (move through the bone) into the missing space.
- Poorly aligned teeth are harder to clean and increases decay and gum disease risk.
- Poorly aligned teeth can cause headaches and problems in the TMJ
- Bone and gum tissue will disappear
- Difficulty in chewing food properly and problems with digestion and nutrition.
Pasadena Texas Cosmetic Dentist Michael Nugent Dental has a strong passion for dental implants. Dr. Nugent realizes that dental implants offer solution to problems that dentistry could not solve in the past. Dental implants are the longest lasting and most technological advanced tooth replacement option. Dr. Nugent has completed dental implants on his Father, Father-in-law, Mother-in-law, friends, employees and their children.
What is a Dental Implant?
A fully restored dental implant is made up of the implant, abutment and cosmetic porcelain crown. The implant is a titanium cylinder that is implanted into the jaw bone. The bone will fuse to the implant and lock it in place (just like a natural tooth root). Next, the abutment is screwed into the implant and will serve as the foundation for the cosmetic porcelain crown.
Why did Dr. Nugent not do a bridge on his family and friends?
Dental bridges are old fashioned and cause many problems that dental implants overcome. In order to make room for a bridge aggressive cutting on teeth is necessary. The large amounts of tooth removed can never be replaced. The aggressive removal of tooth structure can cause the once healthy teeth to need root canals. Bridges fuse teeth together preventing easy access to cleaning. Therefore, bridges very frequently get decay and have to be taken off. Then the patient has to receive a larger more expensive bridge, partial denture or the best treatment to being with a dental implant. Dental bridges do not preserve bone levels because they simple bridge over the problem. When a tooth is lost the bone and gum tissue that supported that tooth will rapidly disappear. Dental implants are the superior way to replace missing teeth because all the problems of old fashioned bridges are overcome with dental implants.
- Most successful and longest lasting tooth replacement option
- Are permanent, they do not come out at night like dentures
- Are anchored into the bone just like natural teeth
- Look, feel and function like natural teeth
- Will never get decay or need root canals
- Restore the ability to eat any foods
- Can be used on adults of any age
- Are the most conservative tooth replacement option
- Preserve bone
- Preserve facial contours
- Prevents premature wrinkles and premature elderly appearance
- Can be used to create stable dental implant dentures
At his Pasadena Texas dental office, Cosmetic Dentist Michael Nugent devotes a large part of his practice to dental implants. Dental implants have been one of Dr. Nugent’s main interests ever since dental school. Dr. Nugent embraces dental implants because they are the most advanced tooth replacement options (dental implants have over a 30 year history of use) and eliminate many of the problems off old fashioned dentistry. Also, Dr. Nugent can make dental implant dentures that “snap” securely onto the implant. These dentures do not move and allow patients the freedom to eat whatever they want.
Dr. Nugent routinely sees patients from Pasadena, Deer Park, La Porte, League City, Friendswood, Clear Lake, Pearland, Webster and Houston Texas. Dr. Nugent has been voted BEST PASADENA TEXAS DENTIST multiple times. Let the experience, passion and skills of Dr. Nugent work for you.
Visit our office at 3421 Burke Rd #1, Pasadena Texas 77504.
Call us at 713-941-1812
See why Dr. Nugent is the regional leader in dental implant care.