What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are the best way to replace missing teeth without damaging additional teeth. Dental implants are surgically placed into the jawbone. There they mimic the root of the natural tooth and will prevent bone loss. Then the dental implants are restored with a custom abutment and crown to completely replicate a tooth.
Dental implants can also be used to create dental implant dentures. These advanced dentures prevent problems related with the slipping and shifting of the denture.
Why Dental Implants?
- You have a missing teeth
- Preserving your other teeth
- You want the longest lasting tooth replacement option
- Old Fashioned Dentures is not the right solution
Dental Implant Advantages
• Dental implants do not damage adjacent teeth
• Dental implants fits securely and offers strong support to artificial dental crown.
• Dental Implants feel and look more natural than dentures or bridges.
• Dental Implants stops the jawbone from shrinkage after loss of a natural tooth root.
• Dental Implants can last for a lifetime therefore offering great value in the long run.
Dental Implant Placement
A 3-D X-ray will be taken to determine the exact location to place the implant. Dr. Nugent will place the implant into the jawbone. Although pain medicine will be prescribed, most patients don’t need any prescription pain medication.
Dental Implant Healing Process
During the healing process the jawbone will fuse to the implant. This locks the dental implant into place in the jawbone. Once the dental implant is fully integrated, a permanent replacement tooth will be installed on the implant.
Custom Designed Dental Crown
The replacement tooth will be a custom designed dental crown. It will be colored and shaped to match the rest of your teeth.
Visit our Pasadena Texas Dental office at 3421 Burke Rd #1, Pasadena, Texas 77504 to discover how Dr. Nugent have help you.