Dental Implants: The Modern Tooth Replacement Solution for League City, Texas
The modern dental implant surgery comes about from the fact that titanium will firmly bonded to the jaw bone. Instead of only dealing with the cosmetics of a lost tooth, a dental implant involves replacing the root of the missing tooth all the way down in the jawbone. Once a dental implant is fused to the jaw Dr. Nugent can place a tooth on the implant. The new dental implant tooth functions just like a regular tooth. However, you have to have an adequate amount of healthy jawbone beneath the gum’s surface for an implant to be effective. Otherwise, bone graft surgery may be required ahead of time. League City Texas patients trust Dr. Nugent for their dental implants.
Fitting dental implants differ from other dentistry procedures. Other old fashioned procedures procedures simply extract a decaying tooth and only replace the crown. Dental bridges and dentures only replace the top portion of the missing tooth. Whereas, a dental implant replace the entire lost tooth.
Long-Term Benefits of Dental Implants
- In comparison to bridgework, dental implants do not damage adjacent teeth.
- Dental implants will stimulate and preserve jaw bone levels.
- They are a stable, permanent solution to missing teeth.
- Dental implants will keep you looking good by revitalizing underlying bone structures and strengthening muscle.
- Dental implants improves bite and chewing ability enabling you to enjoy a wider selection of foods.
- Above all, with a look and feel like that of a natural tooth, it allows you to smile confidently.
Minimally invasive Dental Implant Procedure
With the current advancement in technology, the procedure of placing dental implants requires no cutting or suturing which makes the procedure minimally invasive. With this kind of operation, the patient experiences very little or even total absence of pain or discomfort after the operation. To do his virtual surgery, Dr. Nugent makes use of 3D imaging software; technology that enables him to create a digital surgical template for optimal, precise placement of your implants. Dr. Nugent will design your implant to look very natural, complementing the peculiarities of your face, while at the same time improving your bite.
A Better Alternative to Dentures: The Benefits of Dental Implants
A lost tooth may be the result of a dental decay, failed root canals, gum disease or trauma. A fixed bridge or removal dentures are old fashioned fixes for missing teeth. However, the fear of a denture accidentally falling out when eating or drinking is a reality for denture wearers. Dentures will be required to be relined or made again because of the normal wear and tear. Plus, dentures accelerate the bone loss from missing teeth. Therefore, as more bone is lost the denture become more unstable. This instability will cause more problems while chewing or talking.
Dental bridges require the aggressive irreversible damage of healthy teeth. Furthermore, dental bridges usually fail around year fifteen. Dental bridges do nothing to preserve bone levels. Thus, bridges are not a good long term solution to missing teeth.
Luckily, dentistry has advanced and now can offer dental implants to replace missing teeth. Implants fill in the gaps for you and give you one more chance to flash your pearly whites confidently.
The problem with Dentures and neglecting missing teeth
- The absence of one tooth affects the health and placement of the rest. Immediately after the loss of a tooth, the bone that anchored it begins to recess. Also, the other teeth shift towards the direction of the gap. Fitting an implant will prevent bone loss and defects.
- You will feel really awkward and uncomfortable with the new Dentures. Dentures are not a replacement for teeth, they are a replacement for no teeth.
- With dentures, you will struggle while eating or talking but within a week, this too shall pass.
- Missing teeth also affect speech clarity and implants in their place can rectify the problem easily.
- Dentures doesn’t improve the bite and chewing ability to allow you enjoy a wider selection of foods.
- Bone lose further leads loss of muscle mass causing the skin to sag. –Multiple lost teeth lead to hollow cheeks.
We invite you to see why League City Texas implant patients travel to Dr. Nugent for their dental implant needs.