League City Texas Dental Implants:
Bridge vs. Dental Implant
One of the most common uses of a dental implant is for the restoration of a single lost tooth. The loss of a single tooth creates a functional and cosmetic problem. In the past a dental bridge was used. However, a bridge creates many problems. These problems include:
1. To place a bridge a dentist has to greatly grind down health teeth.
2. Bridges typically fail after ten to fifteen years.
3. Bridges do not preserve bone or gum tissue.
4. Loss of bone and gum tissue creates ugly voids and “black spaces”.
5. The anchor teeth on bridges can get decay.
6. The anchor teeth are prone to needing root canals due to the extreme cutting of the teeth.
7. Bridges are difficult to clean as the bridge is one solid piece.
8. One cannot floss a bridge like normal teeth.
Restoring the missing tooth with a dental implant is the superior treatment option. A dental implant has none of the negative aspects of a dental bridge. A dental implant is the most advanced conservative and longest lasting treatment option when replacing a missing tooth. Notice the healthy adjacent teeth were not cut on. The dental implant is placed into the jawbone where it stimulates and preserves jaw bone. Patients brush and floss a dental implant just like a natural tooth. Dental implants look, feel and function just like a natural tooth. Dental implants can never get decay and will never need a root canal. Dental implants are the best treatment option when replacing missing teeth.
At his Pasadena, Texas dental office Dr. Michael Nugent provides excellence in dental implant therapy. Dr. Nugent is a leader in dental implants. Dr. Nugent concentrates on Cosmetic, General, Implant and Sedation Dentistry.
Dr. Nugent proudly serves Pasadena, Deer Park, League City, La Porte, League City, Webster and Houston, Texas. Patients travel from all over Texas to experience excellence in dental implants.
Get the best in dental implant care for you and your family! Visit us at 3421 Burke Rd #1, Pasadena, Texas 77504.
See why Dr. Nugent has become the regional leader in dental implant care.