Pasadena, Deer Park: Immediate Dental Implants
What are immediate dental implants?
An immediate dental implant is a technique that involves removing a tooth and placing a dental implant into the jawbone at the same appointment. Multiple factors are used to determine whether or not an immediate dental implant is possible. Therefore, an immediate implant is not an option for all patients.
Factors that guide Dr. Nugent in his decision to place an implant immediately after a tooth extraction include:
- The overall health of the patient
- The size and length of implant that can be placed
- Quality of bone present
- An absence of infection at the tooth extraction site
There are advantages to having an immediate dental implant placed after an extraction:
- A second appointment to surgically place the implant is not needed
- Faster time-frame to receiving your restored dental implant as you don’t have to wait for tooth extraction site to heal and then have implant placed.
- Only one surgery is needed
Dr. Nugent is a leader in dental implant treatment. Dental implants are the best and longest lasting tooth replacement option. Dr. Nugent sees a majority of his patients from Pasadena and Deer Park Texas. A dental implant will never get decay and will never need a root canal. Plus, dental implants are far superior when compared the old fashioned tooth replacement option of a dental bridge. A bridge requires the irreversibly damaging two teeth in order to place the bridge. A dental implant does not damage adjacent teeth.
To see how Dr. Nugent can change your life with dental implants, call our office today at 713-941-1812. Visit us at 3421 Burke Rd #1, Pasadena, Texas 77504.