Dental Implants, Friendswood Texas
Dental implants are the absolute best way to replace missing teeth. Replacing missing teeth is vital to your overall dental health. When a tooth is lost it affects the health of the adjacent teeth. The remaining teeth “collapse” into the space where the tooth was. This creates chewing problems, headaches and jaw joint (TMJ) pain. Also, when teeth are lost the remaining teeth must take more of the chewing forces. The increased forces on the natural teeth can cause fractures. Lastly, the bone that once supported the missing tooth is no longer needed. The bone starts to fade away and causes collapse of the facial contours resulting in a premature elderly appearance.
Dental implants are titanium rods that are placed in the jawbone. The implants replicate a natural tooth root in the jaw. The bone fuses to the titanium and creates an incredibly strong foundation for the new cosmetic porcelain crown.
Dental Implants are far superior to old-fashioned dental bridges because:
- Bridges require aggressive cutting down of healthy teeth. The teeth are permanently damaged and will often need root canals in the future.
- A dental implant is independent of the other natural teeth and do not damage natural teeth.
- Bridges only “bridge” over the missing tooth and is of no benefit to the underneath bone and gum tissue. The bone and gum tissue start to disappear causing cosmetic and dental problems.
- The dental implant starts from the jawbone and preserves bone and gum tissue levels.
- At ten to fifteen years over half of all bridges have failed. The failed bridge presents a huge dental and financial problem. Bridges are a poor long term solution to missing teeth.
- Bridges can get decay on the support teeth. Also, the support teeth can have failed root canals that necessitate the removal of the support tooth.
- Dental implants are the longest lasting tooth replacement option available.
- Implants are made out of titanium and porcelain. They will never get decay and never need a root canal.
Dental Implant Dentures
Old fashioned dentures just sit and float on the gum tissue. This causes painfuller ulcers from the denture rubbing the tissue raw. Old fashioned denture are unstable and can “pop” our during speech, laughter or eating. This is socially mortifying and embarrassing. Patients with old fashioned dentures are limited to eating soft foods. Furthermore, to help combat the dentures moving around patients are forced to use messy denture adhesives.
Dental implants can also be used to anchor dentures. The implants are firmly implanted into the bone and provide a highly stable base for the dentures. The dental implant denture “snaps” into place and does not move. The denture is secure and will not fall out. Patients do not have to use denture adhesives and can eat the foods they love.
For complete one day oral rehabilitation of the entire mouth (with teeth that do not come out) the All on Four dental implant procedure is used. This revolutionary procedure can take patients that have no teeth or multiple failing teeth and produce permanent non-removable teeth in one day.
If you’re considering dental implants you must talk to Dr. Nugent. He will discuss your options and give you multiple solutions. He has the experience and training to offer complete implant solutions for you and your loved ones. Dental implant are the absolute best was to replace missing teeth. Dr. Nugent has completed dental implants on his parents, in-laws, team members and friends. You deserve the same high level of dental care that Dr. Nugent gives his family and friends.
Implant Dentist Dr. Nugent:
Come talk to our office and you will see why patients from Pasadena, Deer Park, La Porte, League City, Friendswood and Houston trust Dr. Nugent with their dental implants.
Dr. Nugent has been voted BEST PASADENA TEXAS DENTIST multiple times.
Visit us at 3421 Burke Rd #1, Pasadena, Texas 77504.
Call us at 713-941-1812