Pasadena, Deer Park Dentures:
Removable Partial Dentures are another old fashioned treatment option used to replace missing teeth. They are comprised of a metal foundation and plastic teeth that grab onto natural teeth to stay in place. The partial denture is something that must come out to clean and is taken out at night. Who wants to sleep next to their teeth?
Disadvantages of Removable Partial Dentures:
- Metal clasps are ugly.
- Many patients cannot tolerate the bulky prosthesis
- It cause excessive stresses on the remaining teeth, and can lead to loss of those teeth.
- Difficult to clean, the partial traps food around the clasps which promotes gum disease and decay.
- Needs to be removed and cleaned after every meal to get food out from under the partial.
- Does nothing to support the gum tissue and bone levels. In fact, a partial accelerates bone and gum tissue loss.
- The partial can move during chewing. This makes eating difficult and can rub painful ulcers on the gum tissue.
- Chewing gum and other sticky foods will stick to the partial.
Dentures are old fashioned. Nothing has changed. They are false plastic teeth that only look like teeth. They in no way act or function like real teeth. Patients must suffer with antiquated dentures.
Problems with Dentures:
- Are not stable. Dentures merely rest on the gum tissue and move around tremendously.
- Cause tremendous social embarrassment when they fall out during speech, eating or laughing.
- The movement rubs painful sore spots on the gum tissue.
- The dentures rubbing on the gum tissue accelerates gum and bone loss.
- Repeated cost of new denture fabrication and relines due to gum and bone loss.
- Patients have to use messy denture adhesives (repeating expense).
- Extremely poor chewing capability, most patients limited to soft diet.
- Need to be removed after meals and at night.
- Negative psychological aspect of sleeping next to your teeth.
- Dentures can gag patients.
- Upper denture covers the palate and alters the taste of food.
- Dentures hold food particles, saliva, and bacteria causing bad breath if not kept extremely clean.
All of the aforementioned problems can be eliminated with dental implants. Dental implants are able to help patients that are missing one tooth or multiple teeth. Furthermore, implants can be used to secure implant dentures and used for fixed (does not come out) solutions like the All on Four dental implant protocol. Don’t settle for old fashioned treatment options. Demand the most advanced dental implant solutions. Visit Pasadena, Texas Dentist Dr. Nugent to discuss you dental implant solutions.