Implant Dentistry – Advanced Technology and Cosmetics
Dental implants are for patients who have experienced significant decay, fractured teeth, failed root canals or periodontal disease and want to replace their teeth with the best option.
Cosmetic, stable, functional, durable, predictable, beautiful, and conservative. These words might seem somewhat unimaginable to the average dental patient. However, with dental implants with Dr. Nugent those words will come true. Each of those listed words represents a benefit unique to the amazing success of dental implants. Dental implants mimic natural teeth. Dental implants are the best possible way to ensure optimum dental health.
A dental implant is an artificial replacement for the root of a tooth. The implant is made of titanium and is placed in the bone. Then the abutment is placed on the implant. Lastly, the cosmetic porcelain crown is cemented onto the abutment for a replacement tooth that looks, feels and functions like a natural tooth.
The space left when a tooth is lost can cause havoc with oral health. Teeth are designed to work together. When a tooth is missing the teeth will shift and the forces of chewing are distributed to the remaining teeth. This causes chewing misalignment, TMJ pain, difficulty in cleaning the teeth, decay and more tooth loss. Dental implants prevent shifting teeth.
Furthermore, when a tooth is lost the bone that once supported the tooth rapidly disappears. No other tooth replacement option can preserve bone. Only dental implants can stimulate and preserve bone levels.
Dental implant results are astonishing. Among all dental treatment, dental implants offer the highest success rate, along with:
- Supreme Stability – once fused into the jawbone, almost nothing can disturb it
- Reliable Functionality – denture patients will regain powerful chewing forces allowing them to eat the food they love
- Long-Term Success – implants are designed to last a lifetime
- Predictability – implants offer greater durability and therefore far superior cost-effectiveness when compared to alternative forms of treatment
- Preserved Beauty and Bone levels – patients avoid premature elderly appearance that causes aging and wrinkles in the face
- Conservative Treatment – unlike bridges, no tooth structure on adjacent teeth needs to be removed for a dental implant
To replace missing teeth and maintain ideal dental health, contact Cosmetic Dentist Michael Nugent at 713-941-1812.