More and more dental insurance plans are covering dental implants, but most still do not cover implants. The insurance companies want to pay out the least amount of money possible. Thus, insurance companies will pay for lesser, lower cost dental care.
With out a doubt dental implants have surpassed bridges and dentures as the best way to replace missing teeth. This is due to the many advantages/benefits of dental implants.
- Dental Implants are the longest lasting dental treatment
- An Implant saves the surrounding teeth from the harm of attaching a bridge to them.
- Bridges fail quickly due to decay and failed root canals. Implants can never get decay and will never need root canal therapy.
- Dental Implants look, function and feel like natural teeth.
- Because they are anchored in the bone, Dental Implants keep bone levels healthy.
- Dentures accelerate bone and gum tissue loss. It is actually better to NOT wear old fashioned dentures. Not wearing dentures will slow bone loss.
- Implants are permanent and do not come out. Patients with dentures have to take their teeth out at night. Teeth are supposed to be in your mouth, not in a glass of water at your nightstand.
- Dental implants provide the highest chewing forces of any tooth replacement option.
The numerous dental benefits of dental implants far exceed dental insurance. Remember that the only way insurance companies make money to to pay out less than they take in. So it behooves the insurance companies to pay for cheaper worse dental care than pay for the most advanced way to replace missing teeth—-Dental Implants.
Dr. Michael Nugent is a general dentist located at 3421 Burke Rd #1, Pasadena, Texas 77504.
He has a large part of his dental office dedicated to the placement and restoration of dental implants.
Call us today at 713-941-1812.