Dental Implants have been used successfully for many years. In fact, dental implants are the best and most advanced way to replace missing teeth. The implant itself is a post that is surgically placed in the jaw. There the implant acts like an artificial tooth root. A prosthesis (artificial tooth or teeth) is then attached to the post. Dr. Nugent is a leader in dental implant treatment. He has a 3-D Xray and 3-D printer to make a implant surgical guide to make implant surgery extremely accurate.
What are Dental Implants Used For?
There are two basic uses for Dental Implants:
- As an artificial root for a fixed prosthesis (usually a single tooth or fixed bridge).
- As anchors for a removable prosthesis (usually an Implant Denture).
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
Implants are considered as a better alternative to Dentures, Partials, or Bridges. When replacing a missing tooth in the front of the mouth, nothing looks more natural than an implant.
Dental Implant Facts:
- Of Americans between the ages of 18 and 64, approximately 49% are missing at least one tooth.
- Dental implants are the most advanced tooth replacement system ever devised.
- Dental implants are the longest lasting tooth replacement option
- Dental implants never require root canals.
- Dental implants never develop decay.
- Dental implants are the only tooth replacement option that preserves the jawbone.
- Dental implants do not damage adjacent teeth like other treatment options.
- No one can be disqualified for implant treatment solely because of their age — some patients receive implant treatment when they are in their nineties!
Considering a Dental Implant?
If you are considering a dental implant, Contact Us for an evaluation appointment. Dr. Nugent will perform an evaluation to determine whether you are a good candidate for a dental implant. Discover why Dr. Nugent is a leader in dental implant therapy. Call our office at 713-941-1812 or visit us at 3421 Burke Rd #1, Pasadena Texas 77504.