Dr. Nugent is capable of performing all aspects of your dental implant surgery at his office. He uses advanced 3-D x-rays and software to meticulous plan your surgery BEFORE your surgery. No guessing or “winging it” during your procedure.
Dental Implant Surgery Steps:
1. At the first appointment, we use an X-ray to determine if the jaw bone is adequate to hold the titanium posts.
2. Dr. Nugent digitally plans your surgery and uses a 3-D printer to create a surgical guide.
3. Day of surgery. Some patients elect to use sedation dentistry. Dr. Nugent will numb the area, place the surgical guide and place the dental implant. Because Dr. Nugent planned your surgery on the computer he can do a small minimally invasive arthroscopy surgery. Almost never does Dr. Nugent need to place sutures or make big painful gum tissue incisions like non-computer planned implant surgery.
4. Healing Phase. Over the course of three to five months the bone fuses to the implant in a processes called osseointegration.
5. Dr. Nugent will verify the implant integrating into the bone and proceed to take impressions in order to fabricate the abutment and crown.
6. Dr. Nugent screws in the abutment and crown and you have a fully restored dental implant tooth that looks, feel and functions like a natural tooth.