Pasadena, Deer Park Texas Dental Implants:
Single Tooth Replacement Options:
1. Bridge – A bridge is an old fashioned treatment option that is used to replace a missing tooth. In order for a bridge to be placed healthy adjacent natural teeth must be cut down in order to hold the bridge. The problems with bridges include: poor long term function, irreversibly cutting down of teeth, increased risk of the anchor teeth needing a root canal, loss of bone and loss of the bridge due to decay.
2. Removable Partial Denture – This is a removable dental appliance that replaces missing teeth. It is made of metal and grabs onto the remaining teeth. This grabbing can cause increased forces and strains on the remaining teeth causing them to loosen and eventually be lost. Partial dentures do nothing to preserve bone loss and often cause the demise of the remaining natural teeth.
3. Dental Implant – Dental implants are the best way to replace missing teeth. They do not damage adjacent teeth like bridges or partial dentures. Furthermore, dental implants are the only treatment option that stimulates and preserves bone. Dental implants look, function and feel just like natural teeth. Dental implants will never get decay and will never need a root canal.
Dental Implants are far superior to old fashioned treatment options:
- Dental implants look, feel, function and perform similar to natural teeth
- Dental implants preserve surrounding bone by replacing the tooth root
- Dental implants are the only treatment option to replace the missing tooth root
- Dental implants will not damage adjacent teeth like a bridge
- Dental implants restore chewing ability better than a removable denture
- Dental implants return your self-confidence and self-esteem
- Dental implants are brushed and flossed just like natural teeth
Dr. Michael Nugent is a family dentist that is located at 3421 Burke Rd #1, Pasadena, Texas 77504. Dr. Nugent is a leader in dental implant therapy and is one of a few general dentists that is able to both place and restore dental implants. Get the best in dental implant care for you and your family.
Come see how dental implants can restore your dental health.
Get the best in implant care for you and your family. Call us at 713-941-1812.