Deer Park Dental Implant Dentist:
What Is A Dental Implant?
Dental implants are a major focus and passion of Dr. Nugent. A dental implant basically replaces a tooth. The implant body replaces the tooth root. Then the abutment screws into the implant to provide a base for the new porcelain crown. Dental implants replace the entire missing tooth. Deer Park Texas residents make the short drive to our office because they want a regional leader in dental implant therapy.
The advantages of dental implants include:
- Long-Lasting: A dental implant is designed to last indefinitely with proper home care. Simply brush and floss your implant tooth just like a natural tooth to keep it clean.
- Tooth Saving: Your remaining teeth are not damaged. Dental implants don’t destroy adjacent teeth like a traditional bridge. Neighboring teeth do not support the implants.
- Predictable: The success rate of dental implants is extremely high. Furthermore, dental implants are the longest lasting tooth replacement restoration.
- Cosmetics: Dental implants look great. Furthermore, implants stimulate bone and tissue levels and prevent the bone loss and gum recession that is associated with bridgework and traditional dentures.
- Decay Proof: Dental implants will never get decay or need a root canal.
- Confidence: Say goodbye to worries about misplaced dentures and messy pastes and glues. Whether they are being used to retain crowns, bridges, or even dentures, dental implants allow you to once again speak and eat with comfort and confidence.
Why Should I Replace a Missing Tooth?
The simple answer: To preserve the shape of our face, to have a great smile, or to improve one’s self-confidence.
The more detailed answer is that a missing tooth or teeth can actually affect your overall health and the health of your mouth. Once a tooth is lost the remaining teeth will try to drift into the empty space. Teeth like to have neighbors top to bottom and side to side. The remaining teeth can become loose, initiate gum problems, and cause headaches due to the change in your bite. Dental implants prevent shifting of teeth.
A gradual decline in the bone will also occur over time when a tooth is lost. The bone that used to support that tooth starts to disapear and will deteriorate without something in the place of the tooth to stimulate bone growth. This makes tooth replacement essential to the continued health and facial outline. Loss of teeth cause the face to collapse into the mouth causing wrinkles and a per-mature elderly appearance. Simply put, dental implants prevent bone loss.
Am I A Candidate for Dental Implants?
Yes. Nearly everyone can benefit from dental implants. Limiting factors in the past included: diabetic patients, smokers and patients with inadequate bone levels. However, with new techniques, materials and knowledge these once limiting factors are no longer a barrier to implant treatment.
We encourage you to contact our dental office at 713-941-1812. See why so many Pasadena and Deer Park patients have chosen us for their dental implant needs.
Dr. Nugent is able to surgically place and restore your implants at his office.
Our office is located at 3421 Burke Rd #1, Pasadena Texas 77504.
Get the best in dental implant therapy for you and your family.