Pasadena, Texas Dentist:
Bridges were the best treatment available for replacing missing teeth before there were dental implants. However, bridges have many problems when compared to dental implants.
Disadvantages of Bridges:
- Requires aggressive cutting of healthy adjacent teeth.
- Merely “bridges” over the missing tooth.
- The root is not replaced, thus bone loss occurs.
- Bone and gum tissue loss creates ugly voids under the bridge.
- Difficult to keep clean.
- Anchor teeth are more prone to needing root canals due to the aggressive tooth removal required for the bridge.
- Over half of bridges fail after 10 years. Poor long term survival.
- Poor financial investment as most brides fail and create larger dental and financial problems.
Dental Bridges are a treatment option that older dentists know how to do. Some dentists are not practicing the highest level of dentistry. Dr. Nugent’s Mother, Father, Mother-in-law and Father-in-law all lost a tooth. All of them received a dental implant because dental implants are the best way to replace missing teeth. Dental implants are the longest lasting and best treatment option for missing teeth.
You deserve the best in dental care. Experience award winning dentistry at Dr. Nugent’s dental office.
DANGERS OF A THREE UNIT BRIDGE
BRIDGE AND BONE LOSS