Pasadena, Texas Dental Implant Dentist Dr. Michael Nugent is a leader in implant therapy. Dental implants are the gold standard when replacing missing teeth. Dental implants are titanium cylinders that basically mimic a natural tooth root. The implant is inserted into the jawbone where the bone fuses to the implant. Now the implant is locked into the jawbone and can be restored to replace a single missing tooth or used to help anchor dentures.
Ten Reasons to get Dental Implants!
1. You Can Look Years Younger – Dental Implants assist you in looking and feeling younger, because they prevent bone loss. Once a tooth is lost the bone that once supported the tooth is rapidly disappears. Dental implants are the only treatment option that stimulates and preserves bone levels. By preventing bone loss that would normally occur with the loss of teeth, your facial structures remain normal and intact. The preservation of bone and facial contours prevents a premature elderly look.
Old fashioned dentures actually accelerate the loss of bone. By using dental implant Dr. Nugent can stop bone loss. Prevent the dreaded “Witch’s Chin” when the lower one-third of the face collapses and your chine and nose appear closer.
2. Overall quality of life is enriched with dental implants. Dental implants look, feel and function just like natural teeth. You will look younger and more attractive with a healthy smile. You will have increased self-confidence and you will smile and laugh more freely as you will not be embarrassed about missing teeth.
3. Your remaining teeth will not be damaged by other tooth replacement options. A popular method for replacing a missing tooth is a bridge. However, this requires the aggressive cutting down teeth of natural teeth to support the bridge. These once healthy teeth are cut down to little stumps to hold the bridge. The support teeth often need root canals. Bridges have a high failure rate because of decay and unsuccessful root canals.
Removable dentures are another old fashioned method for replacing missing teeth. These dentures are ugly with their metal clasps. These removable dentures place excessive pressure on the remaining teeth and can cause the natural teeth to become lose.
Dental implants avoid damaging natural teeth. The dental implant is independent of the remaining teeth.
4. Dental implants allow Dr. Nugent to restore your mouth as closely as possible to its natural state. Dental implants are designed to mimic natural teeth. Thus, by replacing the entire tooth, as well as the tooth root, it is possible to duplicate the function of natural teeth. Dental implants allow for a strong, stable foundation (the implant is anchored in the jawbone just like natural teeth) that allows biting and chewing forces equal to natural teeth. One cleans and flosses the dental implant tooth just like natural teeth. Dental implants do not come out at night so nothing feels false or artificial!
5. Dental implants can be utilized to anchor implant dentures. The dentures “snap” onto the dental implants. This creates a solid stable foundation for your dentures. No more stress of having your dentures moving around, popping out, or gagging you. Stop worrying about your dentures flying out when you laugh, sneeze, cough, or when you eat. Regain you self confidence. Implants Dentures are so securely attached that the fear of them falling out is eliminated!
6. Have increased confidence in social situations. Dr. Nugent’s patients love their new dental implants. Patients love their improved appearance, function, comfort and health. Stop covering your mouth with your hand. Stop avoiding eating out because of fear of a denture popping out or gagging you. Dental implants will improve the appearance of your new smile and have you receiving compliments on your new winning smile.
7. Dental Implants allow you to enjoy the wonderful taste of your favorite foods. Old fashioned dentures have bulky plastic covering the palate. This interferes with the taste of food. Dr. Nugent can make upper implant dentures that do not have bulky plastic covering the roof of your mouth.
8. Dental Implants will improves overall health and decrease the risk of oral cancer and heart disease. It is much easier to care for dental implants then dentures. Your chances of bacteria build up, and gum disease greatly decreases when you have implants.
9. Dental Implants will eliminate dentures adhesives! Throw away the fixodent. Your dental implant dentures will be super secure. The implant dentures “snap” onto the dental implant for a firm and secure fit. Therefore, there is no need for messy dentures adhesive.
10. Dental Implants will have you eating better and prevent malnutrition and digestive problems! Your mouth is the starting point of your digestive system. Eating fresh vegetables and fruits are once again possible! You will be able to eat the foods you love.
Call our office today at 713-941-1812 to see how Pasadena Texas Dentist Dr. Michael Nugent is changing lives with dental implants.