Pasadena, Deer Park Texas: Implant Supported Dentures
Implant supported dentures are dentures that “snap” onto dental implants. For Deer Park and Pasadena patients with uncomfortable or loose-fitting denture, stabilizing it with dental implants will be a significant improvement in quality of life.
Dental implants are placed into the jaw where the bone will fuse to the titanium implant and lock the implant into place. Thus, the implants can be utilized as anchor points for the dentures. Locator abutments (male end) are screwed into the implants. The denture is modified to accept the metal housing and nylon insert (female end). When placed in the mouth, the denture snaps onto the implants, keeping it stable and secure. No more lose dentures. No more dentures rubbing painful ulcers on the gum tissue.
There are different nylon inserts that Dr. Nugent can place to vary the retentive force. This allows for personalization of each implant denture.
Benefits of Implant Supported Dentures:
- Dental implant supported dentures are secure and stable. They give patients more confidence when they talk, laugh, and eat in public. Patients never have to worry their fake teeth slipping or falling out while eating , speaking or laughing.
- Implant supported dentures are extremely comfortable because they are attached to the dental implants. There is no rubbing of the gum tissue or painful ulcers.
- Dental implant dentures look more cosmetic and natural than old fashioned dentures because less plastic is needed for retention. Wearing implant supported dentures can also help your appearance in the long term by preventing jaw shrinkage and bone loss. The dental implants will preserve bone levels.
- Patients with old fashioned dentures have difficulty with speaking clearly. The old style dentures move and can make a “clicking” sound. Implant dentures are secure and stable.
- Dental implant supported dentures there is no need to use nasty and messy denture adhesives.
Dental Implant Denture Videos:
Dr. Nugent is a General Dentist located at 3421 Burke Rd #1, Pasadena, Texas 77504. Dr. Nugent has a strong focus on dental implant surgery and restoration of dental implants. Dr. Nugent was one of the first doctors in this region to do permanent fixed dentures. From single missing teeth to implant dentures Dr. Nugent can help you achieve your dental implant goals.