Dental Implants in Friendswood Texas
Dental implants are the gold standard when replacing missing teeth. The purpose of a dental implant is to replace the root of the missing tooth. Dental implants are designed to mimic natural teeth. Thus, the dental implant is placed in the jawbone and comes out of the gum tissue just like natural teeth. Friendswood, Texas residents make the short drive to our dental practice because they want the best dental care.
Parts of a Dental Implant:
1. Implant – the implant is the titanium cylinder that is placed into the jawbone and will serve as the root structure.
2. Abutment – the abutment connects to the implant and will serve as the base for the porcelain crown.
3. Crown – the crown is the porcelain restoration that looks just like a natural tooth.
In order to simplify the nomenclature, Dr. Nugent refers to the implant as the “body”, the abutment as the “head” and the crown as the “helmet”.
Reasons for Dental Implants:
- Longest lasting tooth replacement option
- Will never get decay
- Look, feel and function of natural teeth
- Brush and floss the implant just like natural teeth
- Permanent solution to missing teeth, the dental implant stays in your mouth and does NOT come out at night
- Implants prevent bone loss
- Implants generate tremendous chewing pressure, eat anything you want
- Implants will never get decay
- Implants prevent shifting teeth
- Can be utilized to make dental implant bridge
- Can be used to create dental implant dentures
Dangers of not replacing teeth
Options to replace missing teeth
Dr. Michael Nugent’s dental office is located at 3421 Burke Rd #1, Pasadena, Texas 77504.
He is a regional leader in dental implant care.
At our office we can complete your dental implant from start to finish.
No need to go to multiple dental offices.
Patients from Friendswood Texas drive to our office to experience award winning dentistry.
Get the best in dental implant care for you and your family.
See why Dr. Nugent has been voted Best Pasadena Texas Dentist multiple times.